At Totnes St John's, we have our own onsite kitchen team that prepare meals just for us. Each day there is the choice of a different main meal (one meat and one vegetarian option), plus the option of a jacket potato with a variety of toppings.
To view the current menu, please click on the link below:
Making an application for free school meals
This applies to all pupils regardless of which year they are in. If you are receiving Income Support or Income Based Jobseekers Allowance your child may be entitled to Free School Meals.
The current benefits that allow a family to apply for this money are:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- Children who receive a qualifying benefit in their own right are also entitled to the Pupil Premium
- Children under five who are in full time education may also be entitled to the Pupil Premium
The quickest and easiest way to apply for free school meals is through the Devon County Council Citizen Portal - please click on the following link - Citizen Portal This will result in an instant decision direct to your phone, tablet or computer. A print out of the result or screen shot confirming eligibility should be shown to the School Office allowing free meals to commence straight away.
Parents and carers can also ring the Education Helpline on 0345 155 1019 to request a paper copy of the application form.