Our school colour is red. We believe passionately in building a real sense of community across the school. A strong community can be recognised by the way children and staff treat each other with respect and kindness, but it can also be shown in the way we look, most visibly in the uniform we proudly wear.
At St John's, our uniform is:
- A red polo shirt
- From September 2019 red sweatshirt or cardigan with school logo please. We are phasing out non-logoed sweatshirts and cardigans from September so when you next purchase either garment please purchase one with logo available from the school office, thank you.
- Grey or black trousers/shorts
- Grey dress/skirt
- Grey or white socks
- From September 2019 grey tights only please. We are phasing out red tights from September so when you next purchase tights for school please purchase grey, thank you.
- Black, sensible shoes (no boots, please)
- Grey or black shorts
- Red and white checked dress
If you would like your child to wear the school logo, sweatshirts, polo shirts, PE shirts and baseball caps with the school logo are available for sale from the school office for the following prices (lower price is Pupil Premium reduction):
- Sweatshirts - £10.00/£8.00
- Cardigan (sweatshirt material) - £10.00/£8.00
- Polo shirts - £7.00/£5.60
- Baseball caps - £4.00/£3.20
- PE T-shirts - £5.50/£4.50
We are also able to supply school PE bags (£4.00) and book bags (£5.00).
Things inevitably get lost, so please name all your children's uniform. Simple ear studs are the only jewellery allowed. The school's insurance policy does not cover damage or injury caused by wearing of jewellery.
All children take part in PE lessons, which include sport, dance and gymnastics.
Indoor kit: black shorts, red T-shirt and pumps
Outdoor kit: black shorts or tracksuit, red T-shirt, a warm black or red sports top and outdoor pumps or trainers.
The school does well in local sports competitions and there are plenty of opportunities to be involved.
What do children wear for Forest School?
Children change out of uniform and into old, outdoor clothes for Forest school. It is fun and active, and can mean getting messy! The teacher will contact you with more details when it is forest school time for your child's class.
Keep a bag at school
Children need a bag for their PE kit and one for Forest school clothes. These can stay in school during the week and go home to be washed at weekends and holidays.