The school was inspected on 3 and 4 July 2014 and Ofsted judged us to be a GOOD school.
- Ofsted saw plenty to be proud of, and here are a few of the main points:
- The youngest children get off to a good start at school.
- Teaching is good across the school, and some teaching is outstanding.
- Children are keen to learn and the school supports and celebrates this.
- Children from the least well off families make better progress at St John’s than in many other schools across the country.
- The school properly stretches the more able pupils and they do well in tests.
- Children grow in confidence by taking part in many things, from sport to forest school to plays and trips. This helps them become better learners in the classroom.
- Leadership is strong and the school is well run.
Our current School Improvement Plan identifies our current priorities and actions. Link to School Improvement Plan